A popular large group game where groups go into battle against one another.
Split into two groups.
In role, announce that there is a great war coming. A war between the Giants, Knights and Wizards of this land, and that in this war there are 3 battle moves you must learn.
Teach the groups the 3 moves:
- The Giant - Stomp feet like a giant saying 'Fee Fee Fo Fum'.
- The Knight - Thrust forward with a sword saying 'En guard!'
- The Wizard - Twirl magic wand in air saying 'Shazzam!'
In this war, in a similar way to Rock, Papers, Scissors, the Giants beat Knights, Knights beat Wizards, and Wizards beat Giants.
Give groups a moment to decide which move they will use in the first battle, and then announce the battle will commence in 3....2....1....
This should be followed by each groups move.
Play as many rounds as appropriate.
Encourage big loud moves as this game works better when it's played with lots of energy and humour.
This can be adapted to suit the material being covered in sessions by replacing the characters, moves and sounds.
You can add a response to the battle actions too, for example:
- When Giants are beaten they can cry/whimper.
- When Knights are beaten they can scream like scaredy cats.
- When Wizards are beaten they melt to the ground.