Unfortunately / Fortunately
Create an elaborate story, in pairs or as a group, with many twists and turns.
Start in a Drama circle.
Explain that you are going to create a story as a group by going around the circle and adding a line each. The only rule is that the lines must alternate between: "Unfortunately...." and "Fortunately....".
- "Unfortunately my flight hit some turbulance."
- "Fortunately it didn't last too long."
- "Unfortunately the turbulance caused an engine to fail."
- "Fortunately there were parachutes on board."
- "Unfortunately there weren't enough to go round."
Encourage participants to play with the theme as it develops and to avoid too many tangents. The continuity allows the remaining participants to carefully consider their addition into the story.